Posters and Demonstrations
Posters and Demonstrations Chairs
- Vitomir Kovanovic, University of South Australia
- Elle Yuan Wang, Arizona State University
Both researchers and practitioners can submit posters and demonstrations. The Poster and Demos session will be a main conference event on one evening of the conference.
Poster submissions will include a concise report of recent findings or other types of innovative work not ready to be submitted as a Full or Short Research Paper or an Extended Abstract. Alternatively, a poster submission may be work that you prefer to present interactively.
Poster submissions should be up to 2 pages in length using the Companion Proceedings Template.
Demonstrations are the best way to communicate interactive learning analytics tools. Use your demo to communicate innovative user interface designs, visualisations, or other novel functionality that tackles a real user problem. Tools may be at an early concept demonstrator stage or relatively mature, all the way through to products. Sales pitches are not acceptable — the design or conceptual contribution must be clear.
Demonstration submissions should include a one-page abstract and movie link using the Companion Proceedings Template and a demo movie no more than five minutes in length. All accepted Demonstrations will be included in the Companion Proceedings.
At least one of the authors must register for the conference by the Early Bird Deadline before the poster or demonstration can be included in the Companion Proceedings.
Submission of Posters and Demonstrations
- Poster submissions are double-blind reviewed so please remove all identifying details from the text.
- Demo Movies do not need to be double-blind since it can be hard to disguise real systems.
- Use the Companion Proceedings Template
- Submit via the EasyChair LAK19 submission system
Posters and Demos will be reviewed by at least two reviewers chosen by the Posters & Demonstrations Chairs. Reviews for each poster and demonstration will be shared among its reviewers, with final recommendations made by the Posters & Demonstration Chairs to the Program Chairs.
- Accepted posters should fit within the dimensions of the boards provided (A1: 60x85cm) with the layout to be determined by authors.
- Accepted demos will be given a table to show their digital content (no projectors will be provided). Powered posters are encouraged to include some explanatory signage describing their work.
During the Posters and Demos session, a panel of judges will review and select the Best Poster / Demo award, and the winner will be announced during the conference.
Accepted Posters and Demos will be published in the LAK19 Companion Proceedings, archived on the SoLAR website.